৫ই আগস্ট, ২০২১ খ্রিস্টাব্দ, বৃহস্পতিবার

 

Fire broke out in the JnU dormitory

আপডেট: জুলাই ৭, ২০২১

  • ফেইসবুক শেয়ার করুন

 

Md Towsif-ur-Rahman, JnU Correspondent: Room No. 202 in the dormitory of Jagannath University teachers caught fire at around 7:50 pm today. However, the university authorities said that no one was injured.

Later the fire service came and brought the fire under control.

According to university sources, a fire broke out in the room of Shafiqul Islam, a lecturer in the Department of Anthropology. Sheikh Alamgir Hossain, an assistant professor in the finance department, was the first to see the fire after it started.

It was later learned that the adjuster fan was on in the kitchen of that room. He did not turn off the fan even though he went home in the lock down during the corona pandemic.

As it continued to rotate, it became hot and burst and caught fire. The room was locked. When the university proctor informed the police station, the police and fire service came and brought the fire under control.

 

University Proctor Dr. Mustafa Kamal said, ‘The fire has come under control. The fire service arrived. The police came. They brought the fire under control. An adjuster fan of the kitchen was turned on. The fire started from there. As the fan turned continuously, it became hot and caught fire. However, no damage was done to the gas line or anything else.’

  • ফেইসবুক শেয়ার করুন
Website Design and Developed By Engineer BD Network